Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation or SPF is an insulation material and air barrier material that seals walls, floors and ceiling cavities against air movement, including all those little spaces around the electrical outlets and light fixtures and where walls meet windows and doors.
Spray Foam can provide an effective air barrier insulation to minimize air infiltration through walls and ceilings, preventing drafts, cold spots and energy loss. The performance of the foam insulation means that humid indoor/outdoor air is restricted from entering the walls & ceilings and condensing, which minimizes the possibility of moisture entrapment & build-up in the wall & ceiling cavities.
Spray Foam Insulation products include half-pound open-cell and two-pound closed-cell solutions which can be used separately or in tandem within a building to provide long-term thermal comfort and air sealing.
The products we use, can maintain its installed R-values throughout its service life, contrary to air permeable insulation types (the pink stuff) that lose their thermal performance over time due to the deterioration in the insulation quality (sagging & shrinking) which can result in a performance loss as high as 50%.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Enjoy the long-term benefits of energy efficiency & savings!
The immediate and long-term benefits of spray foam insulation far outweigh the initial costs associated with installation. This insulating and air sealing material provides endless benefits. By investing in spray foam insulation you can:
- Enjoy significant heating and cooling savings every month, in some cases by up to 50%!
- Improve your home’s efficiency by using your HVAC equipment less often thanks to spray foam’s air sealing qualities
- ‘Right-size’ your HVAC equipment because it takes less effort to heat and cool your home
- Add resale value to your home should you choose to sell
- Reduce amount of allergens, pollutants and moisture entering your home
- Help improve indoor air quality, ideal for allergy sufferers
- Keep your home warm in winter, cool in summer and comfortable all year round
- Reduce the risk of drafts, hot or cold spots
- Minimize airborne noise from external sources and noise from within your home
- Protect your home against mold and mold growth
- Avoid pests and critters living and nesting in your home
- Add structural integrity to your home!
These immediate and long-term benefits are unmatched by traditional insulation types like fiberglass and cellulose. Fragile, fibrous and inefficient, traditional insulation cannot match the advantages of Spray Foam.
Improving your insulation and air barrier material will not only quickly payback the initial investment but give you significant savings every month for as long as you live in your home.